Reviews for Dr. Maan Taba (3)
Profile for Dr. Maan Taba
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Foot and ankle surgery including ankle replacement, ankle arthroscopy and treatment of instabilities
- Botulinum toxin injections for spasticity and cerebral palsy contractures
- Chronic plantar fasciitis
- Chronic Achilles tendon problems (tendinosis)
- Achilles tendon problems
- Foot deformities such as bunions, Tailor (little toe) bunionette, Morton’s neuroma, clawing toes, hammer toes, trigger toes, thickened skin on the ball of the foot (metatarsalgias).
- Calcanial Complex Fractures (Lecture in Arab Health)
- Chronic plantar fasciitis - treatment methods include injecting the calf muscle with botulinum toxin which can reduce symptoms in eight out of ten patients after years of suffering pain
- Chronic Achilles tendon problems (tendinosis) - treated with new techniques such as calf muscle injection and keyhole surgery to release the tightness of the calf muscles with minimal scarring
- Achilles tendon tears - repaired using the Achillon® minimally-invasive technique which reduces the risk of fibrotic adhesions after surgery, making recovery quicker
- Foot deformities such as bunions, Tailor (little toe) bunionette, Morton’s neuroma, clawing toes, hammer toes, trigger toes, thickened skin on the ball of the foot (metatarsalgias). For these conditions Mr Taba offers his patients new keyhole surgery (minimally-invasive) techniques performed under X-ray guidance
- Minimally-invasive foot surgery, also known as percutaneous foot surgery, has the following benefits for patients:
- This can be done under local anesthetic which mean no need for general anesthetic
- Less risk of bleeding than open surgery
- Lower risk of infection than open surgery
- Lower risk of thrombosis after the operation
- Minimal scars
- Faster return to normal activities - usually a week or two sooner than with traditional open surgery
- Research & Publications
- Dr. Taba is trialing new methods of treating soft tissue foot and ankle problems, chronic plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinosis using Botulinum toxin and a prospective research project (double-blind trial) will evaluate the effectiveness of this treatment
Dr. Maan Taba 's specialty is Orthopedic Surgery and currently works as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
He speaks English, Arabic, .
Practicing Locations of Dr. Maan Taba
Dr. Maan Taba is practicing at Medcare Orthopaedics and Spine Hospital in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.